Accounts/Commerce Product ManagerFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP is a leading creator of online digital educational content including animated movies, student creation tools, learning games, interactive quizzes, and other related activities. We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to oversee our accounts infrastructure as well as account management features and processes.
Teachers, parents, and kids know and love us for our ease and flexibility of use. As we come to offer more sophisticated features and integrate with increasingly complex school IT environments, we’re seeking someone who can help us maintain those traits, develop integrations strategically, and continue to “play well with others.”
Your success will be measured on your ability to simplify the user journey from the decision to purchase BrainPOP through to teachers and students starting to use their accounts in class. You’ll need to draw on experience developing software for school environments and a deep understanding of the needs of school staff and administration as well as classroom practice in order to present our products to users in the clearest and most useful manner for their work. Based at our NYC headquarters, you’ll report to the Director of Product.
Lead vision and strategy to improve our user account systems including account creation, SSO and SIS integrations, data dashboards, and our store
Lead the process of taking business goals and priorities and turning them into features:
- Communicate the product requirements, vision, and rationale to the team of designers, developers, QA, systems architects, and user researchers.
- Work with the data and research teams to incorporate qualitative and quantitative analysis into product design, and to establish analytics and reporting to monitor product performance and drive product planning
- Collaborate with the customer success and sales teams to establish user and business priorities
Track and communicate the cost and success of development efforts to the rest of the company
Drive the execution of projects related to accounts:
- Maintain the product backlogs
- Document product requirements and scope of product according to business goals and needs
- Hold the team accountable for delivering quality work on time
- Set aggressive growth targets
- Identify and optimize for industry standards, customer expectations, and market trends around data interoperability, SIS, accessibility, and privacy
- Work with developers and our systems specialist to ensure that our frameworks and databases are built to support and scale account types and commerce opportunities
3-5 years of software product management experience with projects involving:
- Student Information Systems
- Account provisioning through G Suite for Education, Google Classroom, and IMS -Global standards such as LTI and OneRoster
- Purchasing systems supporting POs as well as credit cards, and auto-renew options
Experience owning and developing product strategy, including strong process for setting goals and turning large problem spaces into actionable decisions and recommendations
Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills
Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems/data
We’d Also Like to See:
Examples of key product decisions you have made, how you made them, who the stakeholders were, what the impact was, and how success was measured
Understanding of major issues in data modeling and database management
Ability to talk shop with software developers, database managers, and salespeople
Please apply through LinkedIn.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer