BrainPOP, a leading creator of online digital educational content including animated movies, student creation tools, learning games, interactive quizzes, and other related activities seeks a talented Flash animator/illustrator to produce playful, informative, and eye-catching web content for children. In this role, you will work in our pre-existing style but also have the opportunity to develop new ideas and aesthetics. This is a full-time position on site at our New York City headquarters, where you’ll join an energetic and passionate group in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
- Create character animations and compelling visuals that explain a wide range of educational topics
- Work with editorial and production team members to ensure that script concepts are visualized clearly and accurately
- Execute all visual stages of the production process from storyboard sketches to polished animations
- Maintain style guidelines, best practices, and standards across products
- 2+ years’ animator experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing animation and illustration samples
- Interest in using animation to explain educational concepts to children
- Excellent Adobe Flash skills
- Relentless attention to detail
- Audio and/or graphic design experience a plus
- Video editing experience a plus
- Education experience a plus
- Actionscripting not required
To apply, send a brief cover letter along with your resume, a portfolio link, and/or URLs to a reel or site for which you have been a major Flash contributor to email@example.com. Please do not include attachments other than your resume. No phone calls or recruiters.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer