Assessment WriterFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, the global leader in online, animated educational resources, seeks an Assessment Writer to join us at our New York City headquarters.
- An efficient writer with an ear for tone and style
- Knowledgeable about best practices in educational assessment
- Skilled in prompting critical thought in students
Experience writing for a K-12 audience is preferred, but not absolutely required. We’re looking for a writer who happens to be an educator, not vice-versa.
- Contribute to all editorial team efforts, including, but not limited to:
- Writing and editing assessment materials such as quizzes, activities, and other interactive features
- Enhancing our content’s metadata
- Aligning content with CCSS and NGSS standards
- Ensuring that files are correctly versioned and workflow is tracked in our data management platform
- Review and edit features for existing BrainPOP topics.
- Provide editorial support for BrainPOP Educators, including blog posts and social media updates
- Proven ability to write in a clear and concise voice for younger audiences
- Knack for explaining complex concepts in simple, easy-to-understand ways
- Ability to quickly learn unfamiliar subjects
- Strong research, communication, editorial, and proofing skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
Extra Bonus Points!
- Familiarity with Bloom’s Taxonomy, Common Core State Standards, and Next Generation Science Standards
- Published writing samples (preferably in the realm of educational assessments)
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your full name and “Assessment Writer” in the email’s subject.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer