Associate Product Manager, Internal ToolsFull-Time / New York
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers. We feature animated movies, student creation and reflection tools, learning games, and interactive quizzes to customizable and playful assessments, lesson plans, professional development opportunities, and beyond. Based in the Flatiron District in NYC, with an office in Tel Aviv, BrainPOP is used in over 40% of US elementary and middle schools, and welcome millions of monthly site visitors.
We’re seeking an Associate Product Manager, Internal Tools to join our team. You’ll be spending your time working very closely with employees across the organization, analyzing their workflows, goals and pain points. You get to build tools that support them in their work, or recommend integrations of existing tools where those would meet needs more effectively. It’s pretty exciting- you’ll always be learning about different parts of the business. You’ll also be the most popular person in the office, we promise!
A Day in the Life
- Interviewing internal stakeholders about their workflows and processes, identifying opportunities for improvement
- Turning those interviews into actionable user stories
- Prioritizing which solutions are going to have the greatest business impact
- Working with design and user experience teams to make those solutions accessible and elegant
- Working closely with engineers to build those solutions
- Writing up documentation that demonstrates the business value of your proposed solutions
- Testing your solutions with users and refining them based on feedback and outcomes
- Communicating out the value of your tools to stakeholders across the organization
- Curious and empathetic
- A good listener
- Passionate about continuous learning
- An excellent communicator
- Deeply interested in prioritization and evaluating efficacy
On Your Resume
- 1+ years experience in product management
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a roadmap, use cases and user stories
- Demonstrated experience synthesizing different perspectives, analyzing workflows and proposing solutions
- Enthusiasm for finding and resolving issues
- Ability to work well in an Agile team
You May Also Have
- Background in education or educational technology
- Experience evaluating third party solutions
- Familiarity with Netsuite, Lessonly, Marketo, Stripe, databases a plus
- Experience as a business analyst is a plus
- Experience with agile and scrum tools (Jira, Confluence, etc.)
- Ability to craft descriptive technical specs that frame the problem and outline a well-defined solution
- A gift with puns
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.