Back End DeveloperFull-Time / Tel Aviv
We’re seeking a PHP Back End Developer to join our Technology and Development center in Tel-Aviv, Israel.
As a PHP Back End Developer, you will be part of the Development team, help define and develop BrainPOP’s infrastructure, implement new features across multiple backend applications.
A Day in the Life of a PHP Back End Developer
- Work closely with Product Management, UX & Design, and other Developers to build a new tool enabling creativity at scale
- Ensuring our code is of the highest quality by practicing and evangelizing engineering best practices (code reviews, pairing, etc)
- Manage the full lifecycle of services — from initial setup and release to day-to-day CI/CD. Should be passionate about building software to streamline and automate service deployment and operation for Developers.
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
- A self-starter with great instincts and the ability to discern upcoming needs
- A skilled multi-tasker and the wearer of many hats
- Not afraid to roll up your sleeves and have a “Can Do” attitude
- Outgoing and personable and take pride in being a positive, helpful presence around the office
- Excellent communication skills both in English and in Hebrew – verbal and written
- A team player with the time management and organizational skills to also work independently
On Your Resume
- 6+ years of experience in Web Development
- Vast experience in PHP and in Laravel framework- A must.
- Deep architectural understanding of web applications
- Knowledge and understanding of work in modern CI environment: version control, build tool, CI server
- Superior creative and innovative problem-solving skills
- Eager to learn more about new languages and frameworks
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Worked with AWS in the past- nice to have
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.