Business Data Analyst/ScientistFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, a leading creator of digital educational content including animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, and activities like concept mapping, seeks a dedicated Business Data Analyst/Scientist to join our growing Data team.
As the Business Data Analyst/Scientist, you will focus on the translation of data into expert recommendations, visualizations and BI tools that help shape the direction of our business efforts. You’ll work alongside an energetic and passionate group in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze large-scale data sets
- Investigate root causes of patterns using data-driven approaches
- Define needs of sales, marketing, finance and business development team members and solve those needs with data analyses, models, and/or visualizations
- Grow and foster a data-driven company culture
On your resume:
- 2-4 years experience working in a business-data-focused role at a SAAS or Education focused company/organization (a Masters degree does not substitute for on the job experience)
- Proficiency with R (or an equivalent statistical programming language)
- Proficiency with SQL
You must have:
- Experience leading new data initiatives and processes
- A passion for improving education
- A multi-faceted skillset
- A BA in economics, an MBA, or a Master’s in data science
- The ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent data communication skills
You might also have:
- Experience working with a BI tool
- Experience with a data warehouse and ETL processes
- Web, database, or software programming experience
Life at BrainPOP:
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, programmers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and how students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
To Apply: Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.