Data Integration SpecialistFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking a Data Integration Specialist to join our growing Data team. You will be responsible for maintaining and building the backend connections between the various tools that we use internally to ensure good data hygiene. We believe that information is most useful when delivered accurately and on-time. You will work alongside Data Engineers, Product Managers, and various Operations Managers to ensure our systems talk to each other well. You will work alongside an energetic and passionate group in a collaborative environment.
In this role, you will
- Manage various systems integrations and ensure that data connections are operating smoothly and accurately.
- Be a key stakeholder when want to integrate additional systems into our technical ecosystem.
- Develop and lead staff training sessions.
- Reinforce data hygiene best practices.
- Own the procedural documentation of our systems knowledge base and reference guides.
- Handle user administration and permissions.
- Coordinate with various internal teams to help drive data initiatives.
On Your Resume
- Experience working with large-scale data sets.
- Experience working with NetSuite
- Experience setting up integrations around CRM tools, email systems, and helpdesk tools.
- Advanced proficiency with SQL.
- Experience working with a scripting language (Python, Shell, Java, etc.).
- Experience with both relational and non-relational databases.
Our ideal candidate has
- A degree in IT or systems administration
- Experience working with Looker, AWS, Snowflake and ETL tools/scripts
- Postgres and MySQL 5.7 familiarity
- Excellent communication skills
- A passion for improving education
- The ability to work in a team and independently
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.