Director, Human ResourcesFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers, from animated movies, student creation and reflection tools, learning games, and interactive quizzes to customizable and playful assessments, lesson plans, professional development opportunities, and beyond. Ideal for classrooms, home, and mobile devices and individual, team, or whole-class learning, our resources include BrainPOP (available in English, Spanish, Mandarin, and French), BrainPOP Jr. (K–3), and, for English language learners, BrainPOP ELL. Based in the Flatiron District in NYC, with an office in Tel Aviv, BrainPOP is used in over 40% of US elementary and middle schools, and welcome millions of monthly site visitors. Our award-winning apps regularly rank among the highest in the major app stores’ education categories.
BrainPOP is seeking a Director of Human Resources to join our team. This newly created position will report to the CFO and support our 140+ employees in the areas of Employee Relations, Compensation/ Rewards, and HR Project Management for a variety of initiatives. In addition, as an organization that prioritizes collaboration across functions, the Director of HR will work across all areas of human resources, including partnering with the Chief Culture Officer on projects in talent acquisition, retention, staff training, learning and development, and HRIS.
In this role, you will focus on:
- Acting as the primary resource for all employee HR needs
- Advising the CFO, CCO, legal and the management team on HR policies and best practices
- Building compliance across all activities, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters
- Thoughtfully communicating the status of key initiatives and programs to all levels of the company
- Reviewing and improving our rewards portfolio in the face of the changing workforce demographics
- Creating and implementing a compensation philosophy and system that is flexible and contemporary
- Ensuring that our compensation model and benefits offerings remain cost-efficient but competitive and aligned with being an employer of choice
Partnering with the Culture Team
- To provide project management and support for initiatives in talent acquisition, retention, staff training, learning and development
- To execute HRIS needs analysis, selection and implementation and ensure that we use technology to better deliver HR services to our workforce
- To support performance management initiatives and systems implementation to enhance our feedback culture
- To identify opportunities for systemization, process improvement, and collaboration
- A well-rounded professional in all HR disciplines with specific expertise and experience in Employee Relations, Total Rewards (compensation and benefits), and HR Technology/ systems implementation
- A strong communicator – writer, speaker, presenter – with strong influencing and diplomatic skills, combined with an empathetic, approachable personality
- Well-versed in current HR regulations and compliance
- Willing and able to dive in operationally, and with strong implementation skills
- Collaborative, with a natural ability to build trust and relationships across all levels;
- Process- and operationally-minded, easily able to connect the dots and drive efficiencies
- Innovative and creative, with a flexible approach
On your resume:
- 7+ years HR experience
- Demonstrated experience in Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, and HR Project Management
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree in HR or related disciplines preferred
- Global HR knowledge a plus
To apply for this position:
BrainPOP has retained a search consultant, Caroline Ceniza-Levine, to recruit this role. Candidates should submit an updated resume to email@example.com.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.