Writer, Science & TechnologyFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP is seeking an exceptional writer to help us expand and improve our animated science, health, and technology content.
We are looking for original, creative voices to complement the editorial team. Our ideal candidate is intellectually voracious, and can communicate a love for learning through joyful prose. Be passionate about animation’s potential to spark young minds. The work is demanding and highly iterative: You will rarely write on deadline, but you will always have your hands full.
A background in science education or science writing is required for this position.
- Write dialogue and direction for animated movies, and contribute to drafting of quizzes and other supporting features. This includes:
- Working with the editor to define the scope of the topic, based on curriculum standards and the limits of our format
- Researching the subject matter and understanding it at an advanced level
- Writing an engaging script that explains complex ideas simply and visually
- Writing and editing supporting features, including: quizzes, high-interest reading materials, and classroom activities
- Taking your work through multiple revisions
- Contribute to ad hoc editorial team efforts
- 3+ years in science education or writing
- Ability to efficiently research and digest unfamiliar material across a wide range
- Mastery of elegant prose with flawless grammar
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
Extra Bonus Points!
- Special consideration will be given to those with a background in:
- Writing for a K-12 audience
- Teaching K-12 students
- Creating animated content
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and one relevant writing sample to email@example.com. Please include your full name and “Writer, Science Education” in the email’s subject.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer