Editor, Science and HealthFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP is seeking an editor for its animated science, health, and technology content.
We are looking for original, creative voices to complement the editorial team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about animation’s potential to spark young minds. You have a vision for every project, and can coax the best out of talented writers to bring it to fruition.
A background in science education or science writing is required for this position.
- Oversee the production of scripts for animated movies and supporting features. This includes:
- Helping writers research, scope, pitch, draft, and edit
- Editing script drafts for handoff to the editorial director or animators
- Working with animators as they bring the editorial team’s vision to the screen
- Collating multiple streams of written content for consistent tone and scope
- Managing the publication of content on the website
- Help maintain and improve our workflow processes to make us a more efficient team
- Contribute to ad hoc editorial team efforts
- 5-7+ years in science education or science writing, with some experience managing writers
- A fine ear for tone and style
- Ability to coax the best work out of writers
- Strong communication and editorial skills
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
Extra Bonus Points!
- Special consideration will be given to those with a background in:
- Writing for a K-12 audience
- Teaching K-12 students
- Creating animated content
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and one relevant writing sample to email@example.com. Acceptable writing samples include nonfiction articles, screenplay excerpts, narrative comics, or links to videos. Lesson/unit plans, worksheets, and other pedagogical papers will not be considered.
Please include your full name and “Science Editor” in the email’s subject.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer