Educational Content DeveloperFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, a leading creator of online digital educational content including animated movies, student creation tools, learning games, interactive quizzes, and other related activities seeks an Educational Content Developer to join us at our New York City headquarters. We’re making playful interactives for science learning in the BrainPOP website and we’d like you to help design the content and build the interactives from templates. You’ll be designing, programming, and will get to geek out about cool science.
A Day in the Life:
- Design and develop small-scale web-based educational applications
- Work with subject matter experts to build learning experiences that enhance BrainPOP topics
- Design and implement data hooks to measure effectiveness of those experiences
- Maintain documentation
- Detail oriented
- An excellent communicator
On Your Resume:
- At least 5 years experience designing playful learning experiences
- Solid understanding of educational pedagogy and learning theories
- Ability to work well in an Agile team
You May Also Have:
- Science content knowledge
- Teaching experience
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as HTML5 and canvas, or C++
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.