Educational Data AnalystFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, a leading creator of digital educational content including animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, and activities like concept mapping, seeks a dedicated Educational Data Analyst to join our growing Data team.
As the Educational Data Analyst, you will focus on the translation of data into expert recommendations that help shape our assessment of student learning and product improvement efforts. You’ll work alongside an energetic and passionate group in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze large-scale data sets
- Use data insights to inform design teams as they execute new products
- Use data to define typical user characteristics and learning pathways
- Develop data-driven metrics for cognitive and non-cognitive student learning outcomes
- Grow and foster a data-driven company culture
On your resume:
- Demonstrated experience working with large-scale datasets
- Training and experience in Education Research
- Proficiency with R or an equivalent statistical programming language
- Background in statistics, ideally in the social sciences
- A passion for improving education
- Experience working in education or with educators (teaching, curriculum development)
- Familiarity with evidence-centered design methodology
- The ability to work in a team and independently
- Excellent data communication skills
- A related Masters or PhD, or an equivalent amount of work experience
- Web, database, or software programming experience is a plus
Life at BrainPOP:
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, programmers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach and how students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making, and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
To Apply: Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.