Employee Experience SpecialistFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, a leading creator of digital educational content including animated movies, learning games, interactive quizzes, and activities like concept mapping, seeks a self-starting achiever to join our team as an Employee Experience Specialist. BrainPOP is a company invested in helping its employees grow personally and professionally. We’re focused on community and creating a best-in-class company culture.
In this role, you’ll provide collaborative support to our Chief Culture Officer on a multitude of employee-focused initiatives ranging from professional development and company outings to office design and internal communication tools. You will be our on-the-ground support for all things pertaining to cultivating company culture.
This is a full-time position. Some travel and events after business hours may be required.
- Work closely with Chief Culture Officer to execute BrainPOP’s people strategy
- Own full-cycle recruitment process
- Build strong relationships across the organization for effective implementation of people plans and programs
- Manage our company outings, such as volunteer days or our annual holiday party
- Facilitate professional learning and development opportunities
- Lead the onboarding process across all departments
- Develop and refine systems to collect employee feedback and suggestions
- Evaluate internal processes that affect employees and work to recommend and implement changes
- Help HR manager maintain employee records and assist with benefits administration
- Ensure information on employee portal is accurate and up-to-date
- Special projects for HR department as needed
- Market internal culture to the outside world so prospective employees know what it would be like to work at the company and prospective partners know what it would be like to work with the company
- BA/BS or higher
- 1-2 years experience in a recruiting and HR support role
- The ability to work well both independently and within a team environment
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, written and oral; capable of communicating at all levels
- Experience sourcing and interviewing candidates for various positions
- Must be an approachable, active listener who inspires trust and confidence from managers and individual contributors
- A keen sense of culture and ability to build relevant programs
- Ability to maintain a high degree of integrity and confidentiality; strong judgment, decision-making, and problem-solving skills
- Project management experience
- Service-oriented attitude, a strong work ethic and an ability to be a self-starter
- Competence in Google Docs, MS Office, project management tools, HR software
- Strong references
Life at BrainPOP:
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.