Temporary Interaction DesignerTemporary/New York
The Temporary Interaction Designer is a mid-level designer who will design BrainPOP K-8 educational products for students, their family members, teachers, and school leaders with a focus on simplicity and clarity.
The Interaction Designer is a mid-level designer with a creative and technical mind. You are comfortable thinking in user flows and behaviors, designs to elevate the user experience, and understands the technology possible to make it happen. You are a critical thinker who can turn requirements into great user interfaces. You believe designs are not simply just static mockups, but living code and spatio-temporal experiences. Your toolbox includes visual creation/prototyping tools and code.
The Interaction Designer is actively engaged in a diverse range of projects, including feature enhancements, games, tools, and redesign efforts.
Our needs that range from data-driven displays for teachers and parents to content interfaces intended for children are achieved with focus on simplicity and clarity by a designer in this position.
This is an hourly contract position for up to 40 hours of mostly on-site work per week at the BrainPOP New York office. We do not offer overtime pay.
- Develop high quality visual designs, interactions, and prototypes to communicate design ideas
- Understand, harvest, and balance customer needs with business drivers
- Execute all visual/interaction design stages from concept to final designs
- Work closely with all team members to faithfully execute quality products
- Provide light front end support for designers
- Maintain and promote design standards and best practices across all products
- 2-5 years of experience
- Demonstrable UI design skills with a strong portfolio
- Proficiency in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and prototyping tools
- Competence in HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, WordPress
- Ability to design for complex workflows that span multiple user types
- Ability to analyze requirements and feedback into human-centered customer needs
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- An up-to-date understanding of the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and leadership skills
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Temporary Interaction Designer.”
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.