IT DirectorFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking an IT Director to join our team. This newly created position will report to our Chief Culture Officer.
As the IT Director, you will be responsible for centralizing and optimizing IT operations to support BrainPOP’s growth objectives. We are looking for a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up their sleeves and working with the team to achieve goals, meet quotas, eliminate security risks and increase internal customer satisfaction.
In this role, you will
- Engage with business leaders and team members to improve and implement IT systems supporting dynamic business goals
- Provide strategic support and guidance to business teams around technology decisions, including regular research and evaluation of new IT systems
- Ensure smooth operations of all technology systems across the company
- Develop policies and procedures for IT systems management
- Manage IT Operations team staff
- Track and report on IT Budget and projects
- Support leadership team prioritization of IT and other organization projects
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- A leader who is able to interface with a variety of stakeholders
- Someone who geeks out on data
- A mentor within the staff and to your direct reports
- Flexible and adaptable when it comes to problem-solving
- Outgoing and personable
- A positive, helpful presence around the office
On Your Resume
- Strong experience with organizational change management and system integrations
- 7-10+ years of management experience in Information Technology
- Experience with process improvement and inventory control
A Strong Plus
- Experience working within an educational or creative content producer space
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.