Junior Project ManagerFull-Time / New York
We’re seeking an entry-level Junior Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will work under a senior project manager and alongside teams of product managers, developers, UX/UI designers, and quality assurance testers to improve the process and capabilities of the team.
You’ll perform and manage upkeep on live features, including assessment tools, creation tools, playful assessments, and learning games. You’ll also learn how to ensure teams move towards a clear goal, whether a project is in discovery, production, or post-production. You’ll understand how to communicate with designers and engineers, and how to facilitate communication amongst your team and between stakeholders. In this role, you’ll also lead team meetings (check-ins, sprint plannings, scoping exercises), maintain documentation and tickets, and plan and facilitate retrospectives. You’ll manage projects from the discovery phase through production, post-production maintenance, and any future enhancements.
Our ideal candidate has some knowledge in different software development methodologies, and is excited to learn and grow as a project manager as they find the process that fits each team.
- Maintain GameUp on BrainPOP, ensuring games are online, featured content is rotated, and new games are vetted and added.
- Manage enhancements and fixes for Assessment tools and Creation tools
- Collaborate with team members to identify, scope, and prioritize work
- Protect and foster the good health of your team, making sure team members are on track, happy, and heard
- Manage documentation to ensure that requirements, prioritized stories, and technical specifications are clear and up-to-date
- Lead the process by which the team works; schedule and lead check-ins and meetings
- Identify and remove blockers for team members
- Identify dependencies and impacts of blockers and delays, and communicate the risks to teams and stakeholders
- Manage the collaboration with other departments (Sales, Customer Service, Data, Research, Editorial, Production/Publishing) to ensure that all necessary stakeholders are represented as needed
- Work with Project Management team to identify issues, and create and implement processes that improve production across teams and departments
- Knowledgeable and understand the Agile process and Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Able to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A strong systems thinker who can analyze and identify flaws and strengths of a system
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge
- A big picture thinker, who is meticulously attentive to detail
- An excellent verbal communicator with strong writing skills
- An excellent organizer with the ability to delegate tasks
On Your Resume
- 1 year of experience as a Software Project Manager
- BS/BA from an accredited college or education equivalent
A Strong Plus
- Experience with JIRA or other robust backlog management tools, experience with Confluence or other collaboration software
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent technical knowledge
- Passionate about education and tools that can transform learning by doing, creating, and playing
- Familiar with all stages of software development lifecycle
- Ability to understand technical and functional requirements
- Experience working with offshore development teams and across time zones
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through LinkedIn.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.