Key Account DirectorFull-Time/New York or Remote
The Key Account Director will be a critical component in driving new business sales within BrainPOP’s Key Account districts (Districts with 50+ schools) in the Northeast Territory. A successful Key Account Director will have a unique ability to build long standing relationships with key decision makers in school districts to close new business. This individual must have strong hunting capabilities with past success driving new business in an Education organization. The Key Account Director will also work alongside Key Account Managers to support and facilitate the retention of existing key accounts as needed during the renewal phase of the customer life cycle.
- Responsible for the sales growth of a leading curriculum technology business in their Target Territory
- Understand the difficulties that school districts and teachers face and demonstrate how the company’s curriculum technology benefits student-learning
- Develop and maintain relationships with key decision-makers within K-12 schools and districts
- Deliver professional sales presentations, both face-to-face and virtually, to demonstrate how the company’s curriculum technology can effectively improve student-learning
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue targets by developing new business and retaining and upselling to existing customers
- Develop and maintain a full business pipeline of prospective clients and assume all key territory management
- Maintain timely and accurate reporting of the pipeline, account plans, and territory management activities to drive business growth
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Several years of successful sales experience selling technology or curriculum to large schools districts. Experience working within the NY State BOCES system and NYCDOE system a plus.
- Proven sales experience and track record of success with multi-year, complex sales packages
- Successful experience managing a field sales territory and managing clients through a full sales cycle
- Self-starter with demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the sales process, from lead generation to closing deals to developing client relationships – with proven success hitting or surpassing set quotas
- Ability to negotiate deals which meets both parties’ objectives
- Experience providing presentations demonstrating curriculum or technologies both online and face-to-face
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and prioritization skills
- Energetic, independent self-starter with strong work ethic
- Regional travel required – approximately 30% – 40%
- Bachelor’s Degree from a university or college required
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include “Key Account Director – Northeast” in the SUBJECT field. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.