Marketing CopywriterFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking a Marketing Copywriter to join our team. This newly created position will report to the Head of Marketing. As the Marketing Copywriter, you will help shape the external voice of BrainPOP through contributions to our brand book, key website properties, advertising, and content marketing. Your contribution to the marketing team will impact how current and future customers perceive the BrainPOP brand.
A Day in the Life
- Work closely with colleagues across product, editorial, and brand to develop and maintain the brand book.
- Ensure consistent narrative and voice across marketing channels.
- Work closely with the design team to ensure consistency between image and copy.
- Edit content marketing pieces targeted at multiple personas.
- Iterate copy across channels (ads, landing pages, emails) with an eye towards increasing conversion rate.
- Assist with scripting for video shoots.
- Collaborate with writers across the company to ensure a consistent voice across the full user experience and customer lifecycle.
- Deeply empathetic with our audience of educators
- Skilled at writing for multiple personas and segments
- Passionate about shaping a brand through language
- An independent worker.
- A strategic thinker.
- A believer that it takes communication and collaboration to find the right answers to the right problem.
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
On Your Resume
- 4+ years of copywriting experience
- Some experience working directly in marketing tools (Hubspot, Marketo, Instapage, etc.)
- Experience writing or editing content marketing pieces
- Experience working with cross-functional team of marketers
- Experience working with or writing for an educator audience a strong plus
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.