Product DesignerFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking a Product Designer to join our Design team. In this role, you will report to a Product Design director. As a Product Designer, you will be joining a product squad and work closely with designers, product managers, content designers, researchers, and engineers to deliver a complex and richly featured product. You have a strong eye for detail, a curious and inquisitive mind for problem-solving, excellent communication skills, and experience working end-to-end in the product development process.
In this role, you will
- Design based on insights from data and research, industry best practices, understanding of business goals, while advocating for the best user experience
- Investigate and define problem areas. Help clarify and prioritize requirements.
- Execute research (discovery, exploratory) as needed
- Validate assumptions by testing and using metrics to define success
- Design and create lightweight prototypes for testing user research questions
- Conduct tactical user testing of designs in flight
- Produce clear, helpful, timely artifacts (wireframes, diagrams, flowcharts) to outline functional specifications and reasoning behind design choices
- Design high-fidelity screens and user interactions, specifications, accessibility affordances, and work with frontend developer to experiment with the design
- Collaborate closely with other designers, Product Management, Engineering, and QA to support quality and timely delivery of the product
- Synthesize feedback from multiple sources and find a path forward
- Clearly communicate your design process and the basis for your decisions
- Contribute to our evolving design system
- Work with and get feedback from other product designers to grow your skills, contribute to design culture, and foster design excellence
- Self-directed and know when to embrace ambiguity – you may not know the answers, but will try and figure it out, even if it means failing or asking for help
- A believer that it takes communication and collaboration to find the right answers to the right problems
- An articulate communicator with strong writing skills
- Passionate about learning and always seek opportunities to expand your knowledge
On Your Resume
- Bachelor Degree in Design, HCI, Interaction Design or equivalent Design degree, or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience in software product development
- Proficiency with current design tools like Sketch and Abstract
- Experience using data to understand the impact of your design decisions
- Experience running qualitative user research and usability studies
- Experience working in an engineering-focused organization
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.