Project ManagerFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, a leading creator of online digital educational content including animated movies, student creation tools, learning games, interactive quizzes, and other related activities, seeks an experienced Project Manager. In this role, you will work with teams of product owners, developers, UX/UI designers, and quality assurance testers to improve the process and capabilities of the team.
You’ll be the one who ensures that your team is moving toward a clear goal with an efficient, transparent process. You’ll understand how to communicate with designers and engineers, and how to facilitate communication amongst your team and between stakeholders. In this role, you’ll also lead team meetings (check-ins, sprint plannings, scoping exercises), maintain documentation and tickets, and plan and facilitate retrospectives. You’ll manage projects from the discovery phase through production.
Our ideal candidate is experienced in different software development methodologies, and is excited to find the process that fits the team depending on the project and team members.
- Manage projects throughout their full lifecycle, including analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases
- Facilitate communication between the project team and stakeholders on product requirements, scope, project timeline, and resource needs
- Protect and foster the good health of your team, making sure team members are on track, happy, and heard
- Create work plans that identify activities needed to complete projects and hold project teams accountable to those plans
- Manage the documentation of a project to ensure that requirements, prioritized stories, and technical specifications are clear and accessible
- Lead the process by which the team works on a project; schedule and lead sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings
- Identify and remove blockers for the project team
- Identify dependencies and impacts of blockers and delays, and communicate the risks to teams and stakeholders
- Manage the collaboration with other departments (Sales, Customer Service, Data, Research, Editorial, Production/Publishing) to ensure that all necessary stakeholders are represented in the project process
- Work with Project Management team to identify issues, and create and implement processes that improve production across teams and departments
Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience as a software development project manager
- Experience implementing Agile process and Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Familiar with all stages of software development lifecycle
- Experience with applications that have high functional complexity and system integrations
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge
- Ability to define technical and functional requirements, and define and implement system integrations
- Meticulous attention to detail, with the ability to see the big picture and ensure a collaborative approach to achieving shared business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to delegate tasks
- Experience working with offshore development teams and across time zones
A Strong Plus
- Experience with JIRA or other robust backlog management tools, experience with Confluence or other collaboration software
- BS/BA in computer science or equivalent technical knowledge
- Passionate about education and making schools a better place for children to learn and teachers to teach
Please apply through LinkedIn. No phone calls or recruiters, please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer