QA EngineerFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking a dedicated QA Engineer to join us at our New York City headquarters. As the QA Engineer, you will collaborate to plan, define, document, write and execute both automated and manual testing of products and features, and will work with the team to maintain our automated testing framework for our websites and mobile applications across all major platforms.
We work in an open environment, with several teams developing projects at any given time. You will coordinate and conduct testing on a project-by-project basis and will work with the rest of the QA team to ensure the optimal user experience for all users, regardless of their technical set-up.
In this role, you will
- Execute functional and integration test cases within identified time frames, within test environments, and test data with a high degree of accuracy. This includes manual end-to-end testing.
- Write automated tests using our Selenium framework written in Java.**
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying sizes.
- Report and record defect and bugs in a timely manner; assess their priority and severity, and close resolved issues.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project manager for scheduling purposes.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOP’s administrative systems, products, and services for all website and app functionality.
- An articulate communicator with strong analytical and critical thinking skills as well as problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiastic for finding, regressing, and resolving issues.
- Able to work simultaneously with multiple teams and be a team player.
- Understanding of basic project management, and experienced working within scope/deadline styles common in software development.
- Passionate for emerging technologies that can enhance our QA processes.
On Your Resume
- 1+ years working with a Selenium automated testing framework to write and execute automated tests in Java.
- 2+ years experience testing complex web-based applications, including preparing, documenting, and executing test criteria, test cases, test scripts, and test plans for IT system projects.
- Experience with mobile, gaming, or learning platforms preferred. Experience with mobile application testing including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile is a strong plus.
A Strong Plus
- Strong technical working knowledge of web technologies.
- Experience with educational software or the needs for software in schools and other learning environments.
- A passion for organization and a sharp eye for detail.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.