Quality Assurance TesterFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP, the global leader in online, animated educational resources, seeks a dedicated QA tester to join us at our New York City headquarters. In this role, you will collaborate to plan, define, document, and execute manual testing of products and features, and will work towards automating testing on our websites and web and mobile applications across all major platforms.
We work in an open environment, with several teams developing projects at any given time. The QA tester will coordinate and conduct testing on a project-by-project basis, and will work with the rest of the QA team to ensure the optimal user experience for all users, regardless of their technical set-up. Local candidates only, please. This position is full-time with a competitive salary and generous benefits package.
- Execute functional and unit test cases within identified time frames, within test environments, and test data with high degree of accuracy. This includes manual end-to-end testing.
- Develop test plans, test cases, test scripts, and test reports on multiple projects of varying size.
- Review functional specification and design documents to create test plans and ensure that all requirements are testable
- Report and record defect and bugs in a timely manner; assess their priority and severity; and close resolved issues.
- Identify and communicate business risks relative to testing and implementation for evaluation by project teams.
- Provide estimates and feedback to the project manager for scheduling purposes.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of BrainPOP’s administrative systems, products, and services for all website and app functionality.
- Ensure that defects uncovered and reported in the testing process are considered in post-project reviews with the goal of improving the development and test processes.
- Continuously look for ways to improve the quality assurance process.
A Qualified Candidate Will Have:
- Excellent communication, analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for finding, regressing, and resolving issues.
- The ability to work simultaneously with multiple teams and be a team player.
- Understanding of basic project management, and experience working within scope/deadline styles common in software development.
- 1+ years experience testing complex web-based applications, including preparing, documenting, and executing test criteria, test cases, test scripts, and test plans for IT system projects.
- A passion for emerging technologies that can enhance our QA processes.
An Excellent Candidate Will Have:
- Strong technical working knowledge of web technologies.
- A passion for organization and a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience with mobile, gaming, or learning platforms. Experience with mobile application testing including iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile a strong plus.
- Experience designing and building test frameworks for stress and scalability testing, and setting up automated testing also a plus.
- Experience with educational software or the software needs of schools and other learning environments.
To apply, send a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Include your full name and “QA Tester” in the subject line. No phone calls and no recruiters, please.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer