Science Learning DesignerFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers. We feature animated movies, student creation and reflection tools, learning games, and interactive quizzes to customizable and playful assessments, lesson plans, professional development opportunities, and beyond.
We’re seeking a Learning Designer for Science to join our team! We are making new playful interactives for science learning, we’d like you to build out our content as one of our resident science subject matter experts and learning designers.
You’ll be digging through and organizing BrainPOP’s content library into science learning pathways, building out lesson plans and teacher guides, and will get to geek out about cool science.
In this role, you will:
- Build out student learning pathways using BrainPOP content in ways that enable deep, meaningful learning about science
- Act as a science subject matter expert as needed for various science interactives
- Design lesson plans and classroom activities to accompany BrainPOP science content
- Ensure that BrainPOP’s science content is deeply informed by the NGSS Framework
- Able to act as a science content expert
- Familiar with NGSS
- Experienced with digital learning design
- A fast learner of new science content areas
- Understanding of educational pedagogy and learning theories
- Detail oriented
- An excellent verbal and written communicator
On your resume:
- A degree in a field of science
- 2-5 years of experience making digital science content for educational purposes
A Strong Plus:
- An MA or PhD in a field of science and/or education
- Teaching experience in K-8 in either formal or informal settings
- Experience with more innovative models of teaching, like inquiry-based learning, project-based learning or student-directed learning.
- Experience with interactive forms of educational media, like games or simulations.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through Linkedin.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.