Technical Project ManagerFull-Time/New York
We’re seeking an experienced Technical Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will drive product delivery of critical infrastructure and internal tools initiatives that will fuel delivery across our software platforms and enable critical business operations. You’ll be a key point of contact for stakeholders and senior leadership on one or more agile squads staffed with product managers, UX/UI designers, engineers, and QA on which you will drive forward process and operations.
- Well-versed in all aspects of agile software development, particularly Scrum
- Highly technically capable
- Capable of juggling multiple work streams simultaneously
- An excellent organizer with the ability to delegate tasks
- Comfortable working with designers and engineers, both co-located and remote
- A master facilitator of communication
- At ease providing updates to executive management, interns, and everyone in between
- A practical problem-solver, who explores both innovative and pragmatic solutions depending on the challenge
- Able to dig into the minutiae of a given problem as well as to elucidate the 30,000-foot view
- Meticulously attentive to details
- An excellent communicator with strong writing skills
- A believer in team cohesiveness as the goal of a good process
- Passionate about education and making schools a better place for children to learn and teachers to teach
In this role, you will
- Manage technical products through their full lifecycle, including discovery, design, development, testing, implementation, and post-implementation phases
- Ensure timely delivery of requirements, designs, and, ultimately, the product and features themselves
- Act as scrum master on your squads, schedule and lead sprint planning, review, and retrospective meetings
- Facilitate communication between your squad(s) and stakeholders on product requirements, scope, project timeline, and resource needs
- Create work plans that identify activities needed to complete projects and hold project teams accountable to those plans
- Ensure that requirements, prioritized stories, and technical specifications are clear and accessible
- Flag dependencies, blockers, and delays and communicate those risks to teams and stakeholders
- Protect and foster the good health of your team, making sure team members are on track, happy, and heard
- Manage the collaboration with other departments (Sales, Customer Service, Data, Research, Editorial, Production/Publishing) to ensure that all necessary stakeholders are represented in the project process
- Work with the Project Management team to identify issues, and create and implement processes that improve efficiency across teams and departments
On Your Resume
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering, or equivalent technical knowledge
- 3+ years experience as a technical project manager
- Experience implementing Agile process and Scrum and Kanban methodologies
- Experience with applications that have high functional complexity and system integrations
A Strong Plus
- Experience building and shipping software product as an engineer
- Experience with JIRA or other robust backlog management tools, experience with Confluence or other collaboration software
- Experience working with offshore development teams and across time zones
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
- Monthly Wellness Activities
- Catered Wednesday community lunches
- 401K with a company match
- Local Fitness Studio Partnerships
- Learning & Development Opportunities
- Seasonal In-Office Activities
- Friends & Family BrainPOP Subscriptions
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.