Technical Writer InternIntern/New York
BrainPOP’s data team is seeking an exceptional writer to help us document our information knowledge space.
At BrainPOP, we make animated movies that take complicated concepts and explain them to kids at their level in a manner that sparks joy in learning. We seek to apply this guiding principle to take the invisible rules behind our informational systems and present them for everyone to understand. As a member of the data team, you will play an important role in improving communication across departments by providing a central reference and knowledge repository. While technical knowledge is preferred, our ideal candidate is passionate about using language as a tool to solve informational problems.
- Write, publish, and maintain high-quality documentation about our information systems for internal use.
- Manage the production and publishing of documentation.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Product, Business, and Subscriber Relations to investigate and verify that documentation is up-to-date and accurate.
- Edit, review, and properly position white papers, presentations, think pieces and other content for a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Exceptional communication skills:
- Mastery of the English language.
- Effective at communicating via diagrams and/or drawings.
- Ability to quickly comprehend complex systems and/or difficult problems and explain them in clear and concise language.
- Experience with project documentation software (e.g. Confluence).
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience working closely with engineering, product, and support teams as part of the software development process.
- Writing and editing experience.
- Background in a technical field (e.g. computer science, math, engineering, science) OR writing field (e.g. English, social sciences).
To Apply: Please apply through LinkedIn with your resume and cover letter.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.