VP, Product ManagementFull-Time / New York
BrainPOP creates cross-curricular digital content that engages students and supports teachers. Based in the Flatiron District in NYC, with an office in Tel Aviv, BrainPOP is used in over 40% of US elementary and middle schools, and welcome millions of monthly site visitors. Our award-winning apps regularly rank among the highest in the major app stores’ education categories.
We are expanding our mission-driven team to add a VP of Product Management. This newly created position will report to the Chief Product Officer.
As the VP of Product Management, you are an experienced product leader with a proven track record of driving and accelerating both revenue growth and learning gains through product development, engagement, and retention. In this high-impact role you will have the responsibility of managing both Product and Project Managers, while building future capability. You will head a team that shapes the way learners learn and teachers teach.
In this role, you will:
Serve as the product operations leader across a group of products and shared experiences.
- Own and communicate the overall product roadmap and mentor Product Managers to deliver prioritized quarterly roadmaps for their value streams.
- Set expectations for all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, discovery, design, testing, launch, onboarding, adoption, and upselling.
- Ensure Product Managers define what success will look like before beginning to build. Solve problems for the customer while delivering on revenue goals. You do not measure your success in feature launches or output.
- Rapidly try out new ideas in order to innovate in ways that still protect revenue and protect the brand.
Manage and foster team Product and Project Managers
- Hire, retain, and develop Product and Project Managers. Put systems and processes in place help Product Team scale efficiently and improve workflow.
- Mentor Product Managers to create crisp Product Requirement Docs, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria. Coach Project Managers to plan sprints, hold effective standups, and improve team health.
- Enable a Product Management culture that continuously evaluates the competitive landscape for new trends, competitive threats, and growth opportunities.
- Model continuous learning, sharing out, and leveling one another up.
Manage product strategy execution across multiple teams.
- Dive deep into the data to ensure the product is solving the right problem and that customers understand its value.
- Facilitate the development of business cases that drive product value and ensure market alignment and revenue growth.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Sales to ensure strategic plans for all product lines, including pricing decisions and competitive value positioning.
- Work with the Finance and Data teams to develop budgets, forecasts, and metrics.
On your Resume:
- 7+ years product management experience required, including minimum of 2 years leading a team of product managers and working with project managers.
- Excellence at problem-solving, vision setting, storytelling, persuasion, collaborating, decision making, execution, and iterating.
- Experience successfully building a product management discipline focused on experimentation and outcomes.
- Demonstrated success leading cross-functional technology project teams.
- Product Managed software development, especially SaaS, with a focus on user engagement and retention.
- Forecasted with accuracy and have a track record of successfully pricing products.
- Owned budgets, delivered ROI. Strong business analysis skills.
- Experience meeting revenue goals and driving growth across many lines of business and audiences like students, teachers, administrators, and parents.
- Fluency in modern forms of customer/product discovery and persona creation, and product development process including prototyping, rapid testing and retrospectives.
- Fluency in analytics, mobile development, and accessibility.
- Experience with edtech.
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through Linkedin.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.