Writer, Science in Interactive MediaFull-time/New York
We’re seeking an interactive science writer to join us at our New York City headquarters. You’ll join a small creative task force working to develop a brand new suite of playful science interactives for the BrainPOP website. Day-to-day work will include researching science topics, writing content for interactive forms of media, and geeking out about cool science.
In this role, you will
- Conduct research on identified science topics
- Plan and storyboard content for the interactive experiences
- Write scripts for the experiences
- Write accompanying offline guidance for using experiences in a classroom setting
- Assist with audio recording and production as needed
- Assist with project management tasks as needed
- A creative and prolific writer
- Skilled in communication and documentation
- Well-versed in educational pedagogy and learning theories
- Excited about the potential of interactive media for education
- Able to work well on an Agile team
On your resume
- Some experience writing and/or designing student-facing K-8 educational content
- Experience writing and scripting interactive narratives
- Science content writing expertise
A strong plus
- B.A. or higher degree in a field of science
- Experience with audio production
- Game design and development experience
- Project management or production experience
- Experience teaching K-8, either in a formal or informal setting
Life at BrainPOP
Our commitment to supporting and empowering teachers and students is reflected in our dedication to enhancing the lives of our employees—in and out of the office.
Besides offering a comprehensive benefits package and putting an emphasis on work-life balance, we make it a point to integrate fun and play into the workplace.
Our team is made up of educators, data scientists, published authors, engineers, artists, bakers, film buffs, cyclists, dual-citizens, and so much more. We value collaboration and learning from multiple perspectives.
What we do today directly impacts how teachers teach, and students learn. We continue to be inspired because we can see the difference we’re making and we’re proud to be a creative, collaborative, always-teaching and always-learning community.
Please apply through Linkedin.
This is a 15-month position, with options for extension after 15 months. This position is full time with benefits.
We believe that a diverse organization is a more effective organization. BrainPOP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.