Script WriterFull-Time/New York
BrainPOP is seeking an exceptional writer to help expand and improve our animated content.
We are looking for original, creative voices to complement the editorial team. Our ideal candidate is intellectually voracious, and can communicate a love for learning through joyful prose. Be passionate about animation’s potential to spark young minds. The work is demanding and highly iterative: You will rarely write on deadline, but you will always have your hands full.
- Write dialogue and direction for animated movies, and contribute to drafting of quizzes and other supporting features. This includes:
- Working with the editor to define the scope of the topic, based on curriculum standards and the limits of our format
- Researching the subject matter and understanding it at an advanced level
- Writing an engaging script that explains complex ideas simply and visually
- Writing and editing supporting features, including: quizzes, high-interest reading materials, and classroom activities
- Taking your work through multiple revisions
- Review and edit movies and features for existing BrainPOP topics. This will include some or all of the same responsibilities as creating new topics.
- Contribute to ad hoc editorial team efforts
- 5-7+ years as a writer and/or editor
- Ability to efficiently research and digest unfamiliar material across a wide range
- Mastery of elegant prose with flawless grammar
- Ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects
Extra Bonus Points!
- Special consideration will be given to those with a background in:
- Writing for a K-12 audience
- Teaching K-12 students
- Creating animated content
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and one relevant writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptable writing samples include nonfiction articles, screenplay excerpts, narrative comics, or links to videos. Lesson/unit plans, worksheets, and other pedagogical papers will not be considered.
Please include your full name and “Script Writer” in the email’s subject.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer